This has been a busy weekend. Friday my sister Susan came because her daughter Raven was choosen for the Center-Point-Urbana Homecoming Court. She was choosen Queen, of course. Sue stayed at our house Friday night. She got here after the football game, we stayed up very late talking. She stayed most of the morning on Saturday and we got caught up on even more old and new family memories and secrets. All I know is that I intensely dislike my "mother" even more than ever. Sue left around 11:00 to spend some time with my nephew Hunter and then go with Raven to have her hair done for the Homecoming dance.
After Sue left, I went grocery shopping. I bought pumpkins for soup today. At 2:00 I went to Vernon Middle School to hear what John Edwards had to say. He was supposed to be there at 2:30 for a Town Hall meeting, but didn't arrive until 3:00. First Elizabeth spoke about her husband and then he came out to speak. She looks very good for someone with cancer. Edwards is a very good speaker and he was very quick to answer all of the questions asked. Unfortunately, there wasn't much time for him to speak because he was also going to the Johnson County Democrat's Barbecue in Iowa City and it started at 4:00. The candidates that were going to be there were; John Edwards, Hillary Clinton, Chris Dodd, Bill Richardson, and Dennis Kusinich. After he was finished speaking he stayed for a little while to have pictures taken with people and shake hands. I didn't have a camera with me, but I did shake his hand.
I'm glad that I have Monday off for Columbus Day, it give me an extra day to do things around here. Hopefully I will get a chance to try my new leaf blower.
Long and Winding
16 years ago
