Saturday, November 26, 2005

Saturday Update

This Thanksgiving Holiday has been great. The Turkey and Ham dinner on Thanksgiving was one of our best ever. We had all the traditional trimmings; turkey, ham, mashed potatoes & gravy, dressing (we almost forgot this in the oven), cranberry sauce, green bean casserole, scalloped corn, candied yams, dinner rolls, and Ashley's famous pumpkin pie.

I got up early on Black Friday and did some shopping. I had to be very aggressive at Menards. The Nascar crowd must be delt with very harshly. I could have been stuck in the first main aisle for hours if I had not pushed my way through. The other two stores I went to before 7 were not bad. I came back home and then went back out into the crowds with Thomas. We were out from 8:30 to around 1. Best Buy had the usual long line that was a maze through the far side aisles. The nice thing was, about half way to the checkouts they had donut holes for the tired shoppers. We also got to look at all of the latest cool new appliances. They now sell refrigerators that have a build in TV screen. Target was a breeze at the checkout, I must say they do a very nice job. Kohl's was a nightmare. They had two lines for the checkouts, one on either side of the store. We got in one line that was very long and Thomas decided to see if the other line was any shorter. It was shorter, so I moved to that line. Thomas decided to go to one other store while I waited in line to hold our place. When he got back, I was pushing a baby carriage in line. Right after he left the lady in front of me asked if I would push her carriage while she took her six week old to the rest room to change his diaper and feed him. I said that was fine as it looked like we were going to be there for a while. We finally got through the checkout about 1/2 hr to 45 min later. We then had to wait, wait, wait to get out of the parkeing lot. Next time Thomas says we should take the drive behind the stores, I will listen to him. I did not think it would take us all the way over to the other side, so I kept telling him there would be a fence blocking the way and we did not go. Later I found out we could probably have gotten out of the parking lot a lot faster had I listened to him. After we got home from shopping, I had some of Doug's yummy macaroni salad and then it was time to go shopping with Ashley. Luckily she only wanted to go to Target, Half Priced Books and Pier 1. We shopped from 1:30 til 3. In all I was out shopping for almost 9 hours. After I ate some turkey leftovers I took a nap. The nap was very much needed. In all it was a very good start to the Christmas shopping. I don't know if I will be that crazy next year.