Monday, November 21, 2005

Monday Update

It was a good weekend, but it went way too fast. Yesterday morning Ashley and I went shopping at Hy Vee and bought our Thanksgiving turkey, a whopping 26lbs. I know it's big, but think of what we can do with the leftovers. I had a certificate from work for a 16lb turkey, so I just went a bit larger and paid for the difference. The difference wasn't much because the turkey was on sale at $0.78 a pound.

The Chowder Feast went very well last night. I wish Thomas and Diedre could have been here it was a big turnout. First Mary and Jordan came over a little early. They got to witness Doug burning the first rue. We ended up with: Doug, Myself, Ashley, Chloe, Anna, Mary, Jordan, Deb, Wanda, Mark, Matt, Amber, Willy, Brian, Sam, and Sam (our new neighbor lady). We also went through four bottles of wine, so it was a very jolly time. Both Chowders were very tasty. Deb said her Dad insisted that she bring him some and our new neighbor had three bowls of Chowder.