Yesterday was kind of a lazy day. Not much accomplished. We watched the Swamp Fax Parade from the front yard. After the parade Ashley came back with a bag of candy and a few other items. Dan, Gail and Amy's clan stopped by after the parade because they had parked across the street. Ella was carrying a sign that someone had dropped. It said "Girls Rule", how appropriate for her. She is such a cutie. I will post a picture as soon as Doug uploads it from the camera.
Chloe left the house around noon to have lunch with Anna and then she worked from 2-7. Ashley worked from 4-9. Doug laid down for a nap shortly before Ashley left for work. Ashley drove the van to work, so after she left I walked to the library to return some books. I then walked to the park in Marion Square and looked at what was going on. It did not look like too much at the time. They were setting up the stage for the evening performance, there were a few food stands and a few people were selling antiques and craft items. I then walked over to Walgreens to pick up a couple of things. It was pretty hot walking.
When I got back home I read The Gateway for a little bit and then Doug woke up. We made Hamburger Gravy and Mashed Potatoes for supper. It was time to pick up Chloe from work before Doug had a chance to eat. Doug makes the best Hamburger Gravy, I had seconds.
After supper we watched a special about the first five years of Saturday Night Live. This was a very good show and it is always fun to see some of the first SNL skits.
Long and Winding
16 years ago
