Sunday, August 21, 2011

Sunday Update

Most everyone has already heard this story, but for those who have not here it is.

Friday I was driving home from work on Trailridge Rd SE, I saw a woman pulled over to the side talking on her cell phone and as I drove around her car two turkeys ran out from in front of her car. I slowed so as not to hit them and they started pecking my front bumper. The woman was yelling out of her window, "Oh no, they are pecking your tire!" She finally had a clear get away path as the turkeys were now concentrated on my car. As she drove away one turkey trotted after her car for about half a block. He then turned and trotted back up to my van. At least one or two always stayed in front of the van, so I could not drive away. The rest of the turkeys came around to the driver side window, stretched their necks to look in the windows and made gobbling sounds at me. There were five turkeys and it was like a gang. Craziest thing ever!!

Friday night we took Curt over to Tailgators for drinks, Doug had a coupon from Living Social. Doug and Curt shared two pitchers of beer and I had a glass of pop. This made me the DD. They were both fairly drunk when we left. We then went to Red Robin for burgers and took Curt home after eating. We still had not done some grocery shopping that we had planned on because of a sale that ended Friday, so Doug and I went to Hy Vee. It was a long but fun night.

Yesterday I got up early and went to work until noon. I came home and had lunch and relaxed for a little while. We then went and finished our weekend shopping. Chloe came over and we ate Burger King sandwiches. I was exhausted by then and went to bed.