Saturday, October 31, 2009

Saturday Update

Yesterday was a good day off. The worse part was grocery shopping among all of the old people who were out. They just don't get the concept of pushing the shopping cart like you would drive a car. They want to push it down the middle of the aisle and just stop while they look at something on the shelf, oblivious to anyone else around them. While I was gone Doug called to let me know the power had gone out and we may have to make pizza and carve pumpkins by candle light. Luckily the power was not out for long.

When I was bringing the water jugs to the back door I noticed Mao's little cat friend, Caramel, had brought us a gift and left it on the patio. It was a dead mole. Of course Doug and I had to take pictures which I will also post.

After getting the groceries put away we scrambled to get all the ingredients for pizza together before everyone arrived. Ana and Nick put together their pizzas first and then Doug and Wanda put the ingredients on the larger ones for us adults. We had chicken & artichoke, sausage & mushroom, pepperoni and garbage pizza. Everyone had plenty of pizza and a few were even a bit uncomfortable. We also had jello jigglers just before Jacob and the kids left.