Monday, June 02, 2008

Monday Update

Saturday morning I slept in until 7. I must have been very tired! After breakfast, I started to plant the garden. I only got a few plants in as I decided I needed to get more topsoil and some compost. I cleaned up and went to the bank, Walmart and Hy Vee Drug. When I got home Doug helped me unload the topsoil and compost from the van. By this time it was time to go to Amber's graduation party. We meet Mark's grandfather, father and stepmother. His grandfather told an interesting story about a tornado in Mt Vernon a long time ago. He had seen it coming and drove his tractor back to the barn. He sat on his tractor in the barn through the whole thing. He is lucky the storm did not take the barn. It did take the roof off of his house though. After we left Amber's party we went to Sears to buy the birthday/father's day gift Thomas and Chloe picked out for Doug. It is a Kenmore Stainless Steel gas grill. In looking at the reviews, the only thing most people complained about was the assembly because there are no clear instructions and the fact that the food sticks if you do not spray the grill.

Sunday was another busy day. Once again I worked in the garden. First I mixed the topsoil and compost. After it was mixed I put some in planters and the rest I distributed through the garden. In the planters I put the Big Boy, German Queen and purple tomato. I also put a Big Bertha green pepper and zucchinis in planters. I got about half the garden planted before the sun came over the garden area and it got to hot. I still have 15 tomato plants to put in and green beans to plant. After planting I had lunch and then went to Menards to buy paint for the bedroom walls and a new fan. We put the fan together when I got home and then took a break for a while. Around 3 we started painting in Chloe's room. We have the ceiling completed. Mark and Wanda stopped by just as we were finishing up. They stayed for a little while. We did not eat supper until around 9. Needless to say I was tired. And I never even got around to mowing the yard. I will have to do it after work one of these nights. I will also have to fit in the rest of the garden.

The Mole starts tonight, so I will have to make time to watch it. Yeah!!