This weekend is going fast. Yesterday was busy. In the morning I did some laundry and washed dishes. Then Doug and I went over menus and made the grocery list. On the way to Sam's Club, I stopped at a garage sale. They had very low prices and I picked up a very nice wrought iron plant stand for $1. It's too bad they didn't have anything else we needed, because most of the things they were selling were very cheap. Also before stopping at Sam's, I decided that I needed to birthday shop for Doug. That wasn't going too well until I got to Sam's Club. Then I found exactly what he had wanted. After grocery shopping, I made supper. We had salisbury steaks, mashed potatoes and gravy and salad. Yummy! After Chloe got off work, we decided to give Doug his birthday gifts early. He loves them all. Chloe gave him new guitar strings. Thomas gave him a Capo for his guitar and a nice tuner that actually hangs on the guitar when he is tuning it. I gave him new toothbrush heads for his Sonicare and a silver Ipod Nano. He was so happy, because his Shuffle wasn't working anymore. And because Thomas has been trying to learn to play guitar using Doug's guitar, he decide to buy himself one. He bought a beautiful Oscar Schmidt 3/4 guitar. Doug says it is great for learning.
Today we are celebrating Doug's birthday. We are having garlic shrimp and beef with broccoli. Mary is bringing fied rice. Wanda is bring an Oriental salad. I think Diedre is bringing fruit. And Chloe mentioned an ice cream cake. We also invited my Dad and Ilse, I hope they show up. It should be a good time and I hope the rain stays away. Tonight is the next to the last episode, ever, of the Sopranos. So, you know we will be watching that with Wanda.


