Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Tuesday Update

It has been very busy lately. Work is picking up again. And it doesn't help that our order management system has been breaking every morning since last Thursday.

I mowed the yard on Saturday. Just as I was getting done in the yard, my Dad and Ilse stopped by. They brought me a nice rubber plant for Mother's day. After they left I went to Menards for bug and weed killer and a Mother's Day gift for Ilse (never found the gift), to Hy Vee for a few things and stopped for McD fries to go with supper. While I was at Menards Doug called to say he was having a bad day because he had just blown the speakers on the stereo for the TV in the day-kitchen. It was getting late and by the time I got home Thomas was here. We ate supper and then he went with me to Walmart. We went to get water and a Mother's day gift for Ilse. We still did not find a gift for Ilse, but Thomas got me a nice plant pot for the new rubber plant. This was my Mother's Day gift from him. We also found aPhilips DVD home theater system for Doug. It is an early birthday.Father's day gift for him.

Sunday Thomas got up early to go to breakfast with Diedre's family. While he was gone I made potato salad for our BBQ. When he got home we went to Gordmans and finally found a tacky roaster thingy for Ilse's gift. We came home and had lunch and then went to give the gift to Ilse. She loved it of course. She also had to show me her new toilet with the butterfly seat. We visited for a while and before leaving she gave Thomas his birthday card and a graduation card. She made me read them both before she brought them out to give to him. I think she could not wait, but she kept saying I think he needs the money.

For the Mother's Day BBQ we had brats, hot dogs, hamburgers, chicken, chips, potato salad, cole slaw (Wanda) and lemonade (Diedre). Wanda also brought a cheese cake assortment. Wanda's mother was here visiting for Amber's graduation, so we got to meet her. It was a great Mother's day, although Chloe was not here.